It’s Sunday night and I’m ready to collapse in exhaustion after my weekend, but it’s a happy exhaustion!
Firstly, I finally got my Easy Street quilt top done! SUCH a relief!! I was a little worried that it was going to scream YELLOW but I like it! and it’s going to my nephew who has seen a picture and he loves it…and after all, that’s what counts, right call of duty kostenlosen?
And here’s the MAMMOTH quilt backing for Easy Street. You may not be able to tell very well in the picture but the centre is a bunch of leftover block components with a strip of blue on either side. The quilt backing was still shy about 2″ on each side so I ended up adding some of my leftover reds as an outside border. It was hard wrestling that baby through the machine but I got it done. And then I delivered it to Jeni Mummery of Quilted on the Rock long arm quilting for quilting. I should get it back about the 3rd week of November which will give me time to bind it before I give it to my nephew for Christmas dicom herunterladen.
And the best part? I got it done before the next mystery starts! I’m very excited about that.
And if that wasn’t enough activity for the weekend, I also did some of this:
It doesn’t look like much but I sorted and cut 1 1/2 bags of scraps and the Easy Street leftovers. That’s a stack of bricks on the front. They measure 3 1/2 x 6 1/2 and I will use those for Bonnie Hunter’s pattern called Bricks and Stepping Stones. I was thinking of doing that in Christmas fabrics. After all, I’ve got a ton of reds leftover and if I can cut some other fabrics from my stash into bricks it should work together quite quickly. The goal was to clean up my sewing room. I like to tidy and put away after a project is completed problemen apps downloaden iphone.
Oh yeah, and I also prepared the binding for Easy Street and tucked it away until it comes back to me. So enough for one day!
And now, this girl needs some sleep inpa kostenlos!
Until next time,