2016 – Time to take stock!
I’m not one for making resolutions per se, but I do like to take stock of things in life and there’s no better time to do it than New Year’s Day. Fresh year, fresh start.
2015 was an epic year in many ways. What our family accomplished on the homefront with downsizing astounds me. But here we are celebrating the arrival of a new year and with it new adventures, challenges and hopefully growth daemon tools lite download kostenlos.
My quilting was interrupted significantly but not totally forgotten. Today I’m pausing to take stock of my projects so I can move forward in 2016 with some quilting goals. This blog is a great way of putting it thoughts on paper even if it is e-paper and also a good way of keeping myself accountable and I don’t have to worry about ‘where the heck did I put that list?’. I’m sure you see my logic.
So let’s check out that closet and see what we can find in those bins. Today I will cover hand quilting projects and UFOs. Tomorrow will be 2015 accomplishments and PIGS (projects in grocery sacks). Later will be my someday wish list and my own designs I want to make a reality. I could easily overload this post with the whole shebang but that would just be too much Download ambulance simulator 2014 full version for free!
So here’s the first instalment:
Ongoing hand quilting projects
1. Le Passion Hexagon quilt – no deadline project
This is the goal:
2. Grand Illusion – 2014 Quiltville winter mystery quilt which is being hand quilted. There is no deadline for this project either. This is just for the pleasure!
3. 2011 Superbowl Mystery Quilt – kind of on the back burner. There is no deadline for this one kostenlose online spiele zumen. I’m hand quilting free form baptist fans on this.
|Scrap Jar Quilt Pattern by A Little Bit Biased|
|winter version – completed|
|border treatment to finish my quilt|
|The original colourway|
|Second colourway; still on design wall awaiting purple borders|
6. One Block Wonder – almost finished; quilted and just needs binding. This one will hang in the Victoria Quilters’ Guild show in 2016.
7. Dayspring Sampler – No picture but this is an older UFO that is a collection of blocks from Quilters’ Cache website that were part of a block swap movie ipad 2.
8. Sweatshirt Jacket – I’m doing a batik New York Beauty block on the back and then strips to cover the base of the sweatshirt before sewing it back together. There is no pattern. I saw someone wearing one and am basically reverse engineering it.
9. Bowdacious – This is a Quiltville pattern which I’m doing as a Leaders and Enders Project uni hamburg word herunterladen.
10. Rosebud Lane BOM – A forgotten project that deserves to be finished…someday.
11. Strips & Curves – a workshop quilt I started with my guild that deserves to be finished someday too.
12. Irish Chain – This memorial quilt to my friend Janet Wicks needs some love. I hand quilted the center feathers and then did some machine quilting on the rest but I’m currently picking out the borders that I did by machine in haste and don’t like. Still trying to figure out what to do to the border to make this quilt shine. I purchased this UFO from Janet’s estate sale hoe kan je microsoft office gratisen.
13. Pink & Grey baby quilt – I started this at my retreat in November and it is sandwiched and ready to quilt. It will be donated to the Victoria Quilters’ Guild for the charity program.
14. Florabunda – Another Quiltville quilt that is languishing in the back on my closet. Some day it will get some attention. Maybe in 2016 pokemon perl kostenlos downloaden deutsch!
15. Denim quilt – Another someday project. Still cutting up jeans.
16. Kaffe Fassett fabric bag – Need to add some body to the bag part then add the handle.
17. Blooming Nine Patch – This will be soon be back on the design wall for a finish. All the blocks except the setting triangles have been pieced. I have a nice big design wall up in my hallway now so as soon as my Amish Block Party quilt is off the design wall I will begin to get this one finished. I am excited about this one. It will be a king sized quilt for our bed lottoland app herunterladen.